image85

Our History

 

Cupertino Cooperative Nursery School has been helping families and the community since its inception in March 1953 by a group of parents searching for a new way to begin their children’s education. They began with morning sessions and a weekly night meeting for parents at the Cupertino Youth Center. In 1955, CCNS was included in the Adult Education program of the Fremont Union High School District. It has been at the present site for over 30 years. The school is affiliated with the Santa Clara Valley Council of Parent Participation Preschools (SCVC) and the California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools (CCPPNS). The multi-room school and large backyard area afford a wonderful environment for learning and social development.